Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kindle on the iPhone

Last week I met with a great group from a middle school in San Antonio, TX, about mobile learning. The conversation came around to school in the future and I mentioned "Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns" by Clayton M. Christensen. I did not have my Kindle with me, as I usually don't carry it unless I will be on an airplane for a long flight. (No I don't have the new version of the Kindle, or I may have been carrying it with me.)

In any case I could not remember some parts that I had marked with a highlight.

That won't happen again; as of this morning I downloaded the new free Amazon Kindle application to my iPhone and within seconds I had access to the books I had purchased from Amazon and could now view them on either device -- and sync them between each other should I read on the iPhone and want to continue on the Kindle or vice versa.

The scrolling is to the right or left -- not up or down and there are options to change the font.

I do use my Kindle for reading PDFs rather than to print them to paper, but Amazon did not have those to transfer. Now that would really be great. For now I definitely will look more favorably to purchasing more books on the Kindle.

Is this mobile learning? Perhaps not, but I would consider it mobile performance support and a very useful and exciting development.

No comments:

Post a Comment